8 years later ....




Facebook just reminded me that 8 years ago I was in Atlanta , Georgia on a fellowship program at CNN for a month.  I was sent by the local tv station I used to work for in Lebanon as the editor and anchor of the english news bulletin. I was lucky enough to witness first hand the election of Barack Obama.

Yes i was a journalist.

Fast forward 8 years later . I am in Luanda, Angola , the second most expensive city in the world that is currently immersed in an unprecedented economic crisis making everyday life run oh not so very smoothly , with even more rise on prices of basics.
Married with two children and a kind of a stay at home mom.

Regrets in these 8 years? Not at all .

Being a journalist makes you excited about problematic events and issues, and we have had our share of those in Beirut. From covering the 2006 war between Lebanon and Israel , the different explosions and car bombs that rocked Lebanon , to the time we were forced to stay in our news station all night and then evacuated by the army ( the famous  May 7th if you are reading this and you are Lebanese)




8 years later its bottles, diapers , playdates  , stickers and markers but the excitement is still there but more on the sweet side then the bitter one and I wouldn't exchange it for the world, and believe  me living in Angola is an adventure in itself!

Do i miss it? Only when there's a major story being reported anywhere in the world and i don't sleep unless i know what happened, why and how (the five Hs of journalism).

Will i ever dive back into that field? I will leave this part unanswered.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appreciation taught by the Kambamba School Children

Luanda Magic Parc of Miramar

In Luanda...Here's what you need to know !